Home Remedy for Age Spots using Lemon Juice
Lemon juice contains a natural acid which has known to be beneficial for treating pigmentation or discoloration of the skin. Hence it can prove to be highly beneficial when it comes to treating age spots.
- Take 1 or 2 fresh lemons and cut them in half.
- Extract the juice out of them by squeezing each part one by one.
- Now using a clean cotton pad, dab it into the lemon juice and apply it directly on to the affected areas of the skin.
- Leave this extract for at least 30 minutes; you can also keep it overnight if you are comfortable.
If you regularly follow this home remedy for age spots for 2 months, your age spots will gradually begin to disappear or lighten.
NOTE: If you are planning to go outside in to the sun, then you must let the applied lemon juice dry because it elevates the sensitivity of the skin once exposed to the sun.
Home Remedy for Age Spots using Castor Oil
Castor Oil is also one of those universal ingredients that has numerous health benefits including healing properties for which has been widely used. It has shown remarkable results in terms of lightening unwanted skin pigmentation such as age spots.
- Take a bottle of castor oil. If you don’t have one in your kitchen, it can be easily purchased from a general store.
- Now pour a few drops of castor oil on a clean cotton pad and then directly apply it on to the age spots.
- You must do this routine twice a day; once in the morning and once in the evening.
- Keep it for as long as you are comfortable and then wash it off with clean tap water.
With consistent use of this home remedy for age spots, you will observe your spots fade away after a month.
Home Remedy for Age Spots using Butter milk
Buttermilk contains lactic acid which is known to promote healthy cell growth of the skin. It can also eliminate age spots leaving the skin even healthier than before.
- Pour the buttermilk into a clean bowl.
- Then take a clean cotton pad and dip it into the buttermilk. Make sure you squeeze the cotton to remove excess buttermilk that is absorbed.
- Directly apply the buttermilk using the cotton pad and let it rest on your skin for at least 15 minutes.
- Then simply wash it off with clean tap water.
You must repeat this home remedy for age spots daily until you observe your spots lighten or gradually fade. You can even use buttermilk as a face wash each time you wash your face to see speedy results.