Age spots which are more commonly recognized by names of liver spots or sun spots and in medical terms are referred to as lentigines, are although seemingly harmless but cause irregular discoloration of the skin on neck, hands and face of people who have crossed 40.
Age spots are not lethal nor are any kind of medical alarm however they may seriously affect the self esteem of a person in terms of their looks. Let’s be real, nobody wants to have ugly spots all over their face or neck. So if you are bothered by any such age spots on your skin, you can bid them a nice farewell simply by using these top 7 natural remedies for age spots that too from common kitchen ingredients.
Home Remedy for Age Spots using Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is found in almost every kitchen cabinet. Now you can use it for a little more than adding flavor to your food. Mixing apple cider vinegar with onion juice can prove to be highly beneficial for treating age spots.
- Take a onion and chop it or blend it into a paste-like consistency, then use a strainer to pass the paste through in order to extract the onion juice
- Now take 1 table spoon of Apple Cider Vinegar and 1 table spoon of onion juice. Thoroughly mix them together.
- Take a clean cotton pad and dip it into this mixture. Now apply this cotton onto the affected areas of your skin.
- Keep this mixture on for a good half an hour or as long as you can bare it on your skin.
- Then wash your face with clean water.
If you continue this home remedy for age spots for regularly for 6 weeks, you will begin to see a gradual fading of your age spots.
Home Remedy for Age Spots using Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera has been used for centuries as a natural healing agent to treat skin issues including skin burns. Due to its natural healing properties, Aloe Vera has been used to treat skin pigmentation issues such as age spots and sun spots.
- Take a thick Aloe Vera leaf directly from the plan and using a butter knife cut it into half.
- Take a clean spoon and scoop out the Aloe Vera gel in to a clean bowl.
- Now using your fingertips apply this Aloe Vera gel on the affected areas of your skin.
- Leave the gel for a good 45 minutes on to your skin then wash it off with luke warm water.
If you continue this particular home remedy for age spots for a month you will begin to notice the darkness of your age spots gradually lighten. You can even add a few drops of lemon juice into the extracted Aloe Vera gel for better results.